We take the privacy of users of our website very seriously.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use and share that information; and
- Your rights and choices relating to that information.
The information we collect
You may choose to provide the following personal information when signing up to receive updates about Fantastec GAME (“Website”):
- First name
- Email address
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Favourite football club(s) and/or player(s)
- Details of your interests
In addition, we may collect the following information when you use the Website:
- Certain technical information, for example the device you use to access the Website (including its unique device identifier), the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform;
- Information about your use of the Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), Website pages you viewed, Website page response times, Website errors, lengths of visits to certain pages of the Website, page interaction information (e.g. scrolling, clicks etc), and methods used to browse away from the page;
When you use the Website, we might also collect details about any contribution to interactive elements (e.g. polls or quizzes) and/or comments.
When you use the Website, we might also receive information about you from other companies. For example, some companies such as Google Analytics and MixPanel provide us with analytics services (which means they give us statistics and insights) that tell us about how you use the Website.
How we use this information
We collect information about you so that we can operate the Website effectively and provide you with the best possible service.
The information we collect and use depends on how you interact with us and what permissions you give us.
We may use the information provided by you for the following purposes:
- To enable your access to the Website;
- To send you updates via email regarding the launch of the Fantastec GAME platform and/or service, and other offers, news and information;
- To communicate with you regarding your personal account;
- To provide you with data receipts;
- To contact you about content and/or services on the website in which you have expressed an interest;
- To recommend to you content and/or services on the website in which we think you might have interest, due to your team favourites, activity on the platform or other factors; and
- To display internet-based advertising using information you make available to us.
In order to do this, your information will be stored on our database.
Please note we may pass this information onto our employees or carefully selected third parties to administer the updates you have registered to receive. In relation to any other third parties we will only disclose your information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
A Cookie is essentially a small text file that is sent to your electronic device (Computer, Tablet, Mobile Phone etc.) that often contains a unique identifier; this is stored on your local hard drive in your internet browser files. The purpose of the cookie can be to remember what pages you have visited, or your browsing habits in general. This cookie is retrieved from your local drive upon access to that website from the same browser.
Our website uses: cookies essential to our site, including helping to provide a better user experience for you; Google Analytics cookies to measure the number and profile of visitors; and Social Media Advertising Tracking Pixels which help us monitor users who visit the Website through social media campaigns.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit: www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To understand more about social media site policies around privacy, cookies and data please visit:
We may store up to three types of cookies on your computer:
- A unique ID is stored in a permanent cookie so that you do not need to retype information every time you visit our website; and
- Your web browser’s session identification is stored in a temporary cookie to help prevent unauthorised use of your account;
- Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers; and
- Social Media Advertising Tracking Pixel cookies (such as Twitter and Facebook).
Please note that third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services) may use other cookies, over which we have no control.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Retaining your data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. This includes keeping it for any legal, accounting, or reporting purposes.
To decide how long we keep your information, we consider the type and amount of information you give to us or which we collect, and how sensitive that information is. We also consider the risk of harm that might occur if the information went missing or if somebody used it in a way they were not supposed to, for example, and the reasons why we are using your information in the first place.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your information, which means that it is no longer connected to, or about, you. If we do this, we may use this information without any further permission from you (or your parent / guardian). Even if you ask us to delete your information, we may still need to keep it in a form that does not identify you for legal or regulatory reasons, or to block abusive user accounts.
Transferring your information overseas
If you use the Website, we will need to transfer your information overseas. This is because:
- Users of the Website are based all over the world; and
- Some of the companies that provide services to us in order for us to operate the Website (as described above) may be based in, or run their services from, a different country.
If you are based in the European Economic Area, this means we may need to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information will receive an adequate level of protection and that it will be treated in a way which is consistent with European data protection laws.
We share personal data with the following third parties:
MailChimp - Data is transfered outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Access to your data
If you are based in the European Economic Area, you have the right under European data protection laws to access personal information held about you, subject to certain conditions, and to ask for it to be changed or deleted.
Unfortunately, you are not currently able to change or delete the personal information which we hold about you via the Website. Instead, you should e-mail us (or otherwise contact us) directly (see below).
This section only applies if you are within the EEA. European data protection law says that you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing (or using) it. We will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal information to you.
- Request correction or deletion of your personal information (unless we have the legal right to retain it). You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing (or use) of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing (or use) of your information on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing (or using) your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing (or use) of your personal information. You can ask us to temporarily stop processing (or using) personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish that it is accurate or the reason for processing (or using) it.
- Request the transfer of personal information that you have provided to us to someone else.
- Change your information preferences at any time (where this specifically relates to marketing messages, see below).
You should be aware that if you ask us to stop processing (or using) your personal information in a certain way or if you ask us to delete your information, and we need to use that information to provide the Website to you, then you may not be able to continue to use it. This does not include your right to object to direct marketing, which can be exercised at any time without restriction.
If you want to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us.
No fee usually required to access your personal information
You will not normally have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights set out above). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and verify your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
Where you have consented to the collection, use or transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing (or use) at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us (see below). Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process (or use) your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you about other products and services of Fantastec if you consent to this.
If you live in a country within the EEA, we will ask whether you would like us to send you these messages when you first register to use the Website.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages or by contacting us.
We will not provide your personal information to any businesses outside our group for marketing purposes.
Other websites and apps
The Website may contain links to websites and apps run by other companies, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This Policy only applies to the Website, so when you link to other websites or apps, you should read the privacy policies of those other companies to find out how they will handle your information.
This Policy was last updated in August 2018.
We will update this Policy from time to time and will post any updates on this page and, where appropriate, by email. If you don’t agree with those changes, you can always stop using the Website and stop giving us any more of your information.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, or wish to review or amend the data we hold on you via our GDPR compliance partner PORT.im, please contact us at:
Postal address: Fantastec, The White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF, UK
Fantastec Sports Technology Ltd (125 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7AW, UK; registered in England No. 10757008) is the “data controller” when it comes to the handling of your personal information for the purpose of the operation of the Website. Fantastec is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with the registration number: ZA326960.
If, for any reason, you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are still not happy (and you live in the UK), you have the right to make a make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see: www.ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.